2017 Land Cost Per Person (double occupancy, based on 4 travelers)
Available Anytime – $2715
Single Supplement: $765
The above rate is for 4 paying travelers. Rates available on request for less or more than 4 travelers.
- Accommodation for:
- 2 nights in Muscat, including breakfast.
- 1 night in Wahiba Sands, including breakfast and dinner.
- 1 night in Nizwa, including breakfast.
- 1 night in Al-Ain, including breakfast.
- 1 night in Abu Dhabi, including breakfast.
- 2 nights in Dubai, including breakfast.
- Arrival and departure transfer by private car.
- One half-day tour of Muscat.
- 3 Days 4X4 tour with English-speaking driver with guide.
- One picnic lunch on Day 3.
- Entrance fees to monuments.
- Full-day city tour in
- Al Ain with English-speaking guide and driver. Lunch will be included during the tour.
- Abu Dhabi with English-speaking guide and driver. Lunch will be included during the tour.
- Dubai with English-speaking guide and driver. Lunch will be included during the tour.
Price Does Not Include:
- Visa fees to Oman or UAE, if required.
- Any tours and meals not mentioned above.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for guides, drivers, hotel staff, etc.
- International flight tickets.
- Departure and custom fees.
- Additional beverages.
- Trip cancellation.
- Medical and luggage insurance are recommended for coverage against in all unforeseen circumstances.
- Any personal expenses.
- Rates are not valid during the New Year or exhibition dates, and peak season dates.
- At the time of booking quoted rates and rooms will be subject to availability.
- Trade Fare and any other surcharge dates, additional rate would be applicable.
- All Museum visits are subject to change without notice. Museums are normally closed on Thursdays, Fridays, and Public Holidays. Similarly, visits to forts may be changed without notice since certain forts are often closed temporarily for renovations on a regular basis.
- The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque in Muscat can be visited only until 11:00 on working days from Saturdays to Wednesdays.
Important Tour Guidelines:
- Given cost is based on the lowest hotel rates existing as of now, any difference in cost shall be borne by the passenger.
- International hotel check-in time is 2:00 and check-out time is noon.
- Room rates are based on standard rooms. Supplement cost will be applicable for any upgrade in room categories.
- A car or coach will be with you during your sightseeing only. Additional transportation needed by you at your free time has to be managed by you at your own expenses.
- If accommodation is not available in the specific hotel for your package due to reasons beyond our control, we shall make our best efforts to accommodate you in a hotel with similar standards. No complaints or claim shall be made by the client in this respect.
Day 1: Arrival in Muscat, Oman
Arrive at Muscat Airport. Transfer to your hotel for check-in and enjoy some free time on your own. Overnight.
Day 2: City Tour of Muscat
After breakfast, we begin with a city tour of Muscat, the Capital of the Sultanate of Oman since 1793 and an important port town. Lovely Muscat has attracted foreign tradesmen and settlers throughout the centuries. Today, its picturesque setting between the Gulf of Oman and the Western Al Hajar Mountains lures visitors to its golden beaches and fascinating vestiges of ancient culture. The city sightseeing tour includes visits to the SULTAN QABOOS GRAND MOSQUE, an architectural gem built from 300,000 tons of Indian sandstone and home to a handmade Persian carpet, that is reportedly the second-largest in the world. Also visit the AMOUAGE PERFUME FACTORY, where luxury fragrances are produced. Continue to the MUTTRAH SOUK, a traditional market where you can still purchase things like frankincense, silver jewelry, and Bedouin crafts. Visit the BAIT AL ZUBAIR MUSEUM, housing the finest privately-owned collection of Omani artifacts. Also stop to take photos outside the Sultan’s Palace, with its blue and gold mushroom pillars. Back to your hotel for overnight.
Day 3: Muscat – Sur – Wadi Bani Khalid – Wahiba Sands
Meander along the coastal road this morning, stopping at the BIMMAH SINKHOLE, which legend says was created when a piece of the moon fell from the sky. Enjoy a swim in its clear, blue waters before heading towards Sur to visit FISHERMEN’S HARBOUR and the DHOW BUILDING YARD, where traditional Omani wooden fishing boats are crafted by hand. You’ll see a radical change of scenery as we head inland to WADI BANI KHALID, a peaceful valley known for its natural beauty, abundant vegetation, and intriguing caves. Take a quick dip in one of the deep pools before continuing on to the WAHIBA SANDS, a large desert noted for its wide array of flora, fauna, migratory birds, and Bedouins, who gather here each summer to pick dates in the oasis. Spend the night in a TENTED CAMP for a true taste of life in the desert.
Day 4: Wahiba Sands – Birkat Al-Mawz – Al Hamra – Nizwa
This morning, get a better understanding of the Bedouin lifestyle as you visit one of the region’s many settlements. Head towards the mountains for a photo stop at BIRKAT AL-MAWZ, with its palm groves and terraced rose orchards, then Al Hamra, home to some of the oldest preserved houses in the country and boasting stunning panoramic views. Also on the agenda is JABREEN FORT, built in 1670 as a defensive stronghold and considered one of the most impressive forts in the Sultanate. Finally, reach Nizwa, capital of Oman in the 6th and 7th centuries and one of the oldest cities in Oman. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 5: Nizwa – Ibri – Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
This morning leave Nizwa, visiting en route the NIZWA SOUK, where you can haggle for a great price on spices, silver, pottery, and more. Continue your drive to Ibri. Then, say goodbye to your Oman guide and driver, cross the border into the United Arab Emirates, and meet your guide and driver for the Emirates part of the journey. Reach the “Garden City” of Al Ain, a charming desert oasis that was originally a stop on the caravan trail. Today, it is a university city, center of agriculture, and the second-largest city in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. The city sightseeing tour includes visits to the HILI ARCHAEOLOGICAL PARK, the largest Bronze Age complex in the country, and the SHEIKH ZAYED PALACE MUSEUM. Set around courtyards and lofty palms, this beautiful cinnamon-colored palace was built in 1937 for the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan. Also enjoy a swim in the thermal waters at the GREEN MUBAZZARAH HOT SPRING. Overnight at hotel.
Day 6: Al Ain – Abu Dhabi
This morning visit the CAMEL MARKET before continuing to Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates. On arrival, enjoy an orientation drive along the Corniche for a photo stop at Al-Hosn Palace, one of the city’s oldest buildings. Also visit HERITAGE VILLAGE, a reconstruction of a traditional oasis village that includes a goat-hair tent, artisan workshops, a Falaj irrigation system, the BREAKWATER, the FISH MARKET, the SHEIKH ZAYED GRAND MOSQUE, and Yas Island. Enjoy some free time and return to your hotel for overnight.
Day 7: Abu Dhabi – Dubai
Depart Abu Dhabi and head for Dubai, where an orientation tour will introduce you to the dynamic business center. View Dubai Creek, see the ancient Al Bastakiya area, dating back to the 1690s, and learn about the history of Dubai at the AL-FAHIDI FORT, the oldest architectural masterpiece in the city. Next, visit the SPICE MARKET, the GOLD SOUK, and the Burj Khalifa, the tallest man-made structure in the world. Finally, you will have a photo stop at the Jumeirah Mosque, built in the medieval Fatimid tradition. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 8: Free Day in Dubai
Full free day to do what you please. Shop at one of the many famous malls, or marvel at the daring contemporary architecture. Consider joining the optional desert safari with barbecue dinner.
Day 9: Departure
After breakfast, transfer to Airport for departure.
If you have any questions or you’d like to book this trip, please contact us.
Custom itineraries available to this or any of the destinations we travel to.
Kutrubes Travel has SPECIAL AIRFARES – Contact us for details.
Kutrubes Travel also offers a variety of other tours throughout this region. Contact us for detailed itineraries and descriptions.